Those interested in applying should email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted through Friday, December 15th.
Office Manager / Bookkeeper (Part-time)
Reports to: Executive Director
Performs administrative support for staff, and oversees the workflow and supply of the office operations. Responsibilities include account receivables, account payables, answering and screening calls, handling correspondence, making travel and meeting arrangements, managing the CRM software.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Manages staff calendars, and assures that staff stays on schedule
- Responsible for follow-ups on delegated tasks. Frequent contact with Board members, public officials, and influential members of the community
- Manages the OrthoWorx suite of offices. Coordinates various office support services including purchasing and facilities management.
- Duties include selecting office vendors and managing purchasing processes, and coordination of regular building maintenance staff.
- Bookkeeping – Coordinate accounts receivable by generating membership invoices as needed and monthly invoices to ACLX. Coordinate accounts payable for OWX and ACLX. Act as payroll liaison with Gibson and create journal entries to book payroll in QuickBooks. Prepare monthly general ledger reconciliations and journal entries as needed. Reconcile the OWX and ACLX checking statements in QuickBooks at the end of each month and prepare monthly financial statements for OWX and ACLX.
- CRM Database Management – Contact updates, campaign lists, reports, etc.
- Works with internal and external parties to organize the various components needed to initiate, run and conclude most on-site and some off-site events.
- Duties include coordinating schedules and activities, placing orders for supplies and services, and tracking progress and results.
- Answer telephone and route calls or messages as needed
- Compose correspondence/reports
- Maintain confidentiality
- Perform to earn staff full confidence
- Assure discreet handling of all business
- Prepare agenda and meeting materials as required
- Arrange meeting facilities as required
- Greet, announce or screen visitors
- Provide back-up data as needed
- Arrange amenities as needed
- Schedule visits away from staff offices to protect priority/private tasks
- Arrange travel through internal or outside agents
- Prepare itinerary, trip file and supplies
- Complete expense reports after trip
Background and Skills:
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people and programs.
The ability to interact with staff and visitors, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
- Five years of administrative/bookkeeping support experience, with a strong preference for experience in the orthopedic industry
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings
- Strong expertise of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, preferably on the Apple Macintosh platform; QuickBooks; Salesforce
- Experience scheduling travel arrangements for management
- Excellent demonstrated written and verbal communication skills